Divergent#1

I finally finished reading Divergent and I must say that I AM IN LOVE!!!

Not since I read Twilight have I fallen in love so quickly with a book. I know that it took me a very long time to read this book, but I don't care cause now that I'm done with the first book I cannot wait to pick up the next book in the series to read it.



Published: May 3, 2011
Pages:  487 pgs
Characters: Beatrice Prior, Tobias Eaton, Caleb Prior
Genres: Dystopia, Science Fiction, Utopian and dystopian fiction, Young adult literature
Synopsis from Goodreads: In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue--Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is--she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.

During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles alongside her fellow initiates to live out the choice they have made. Together they must undergo extreme physical tests of endurance and intense psychological simulations, some with devastating consequences. As initiation transforms them all, Tris must determine who her friends really are--and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes exasperating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers unrest and growing conflict that threaten to unravel her seemingly perfect society, she also learns that her secret might help her save those she loves . . . or it might destroy her
My Review: I really enjoyed this book.  I couldn't put it down after reading the first 2 chapters. I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen to Beatrice after she makes her decision. From the beginning of the novel you can tell that Beatrice is the underdog, not only because of the way she looks but because of her faction, you realize that she is going to have to fight to get what she wants. From beginning to end you want to root for her, you want her to succeed and make it to the next round. You want her to find herself, and you hope she realizes what you already know about underdogs and their tenacity. As she grows in the novel you grow with her. Beatrice is picked on because she is small, and she comes from a faction that is selfless and plain. People don't see her as a threat so they make it a priority to frighten her, but what they do not know is that this small fry is not just going to roll over and take the beating. She is tough and resilient, and bright though she doesn't see it, but there is one person who sees this in Tris (the name she chooses to call herself during initiation). She has to watch her back from the beginning till the end, and with the help of her friends and this guy she is interested in she makes it through. Beatrice is special, she has something that others are afraid of, she possesses something that is deemed wrong and unnatural. In the beginning she was terrified of this gift, but at the end of the book she welcomes her difference. She embraces it and realizes that this is what is going to help her get through.  
I LOVED THIS FREAKING BOOK!!! 
 
I cannot wait to get Insurgent. I want to know what happens to the Tris, I need to know if she continues to make changes, how does her being different help her or hurt her along the way? What happens to those other people in her faction? What happens to her enemies? Are her and her brother OK? Does she continue to be brave, and finally I need to know if her and her love interest last!
So many questions!!! 
 
If you haven't had a chance to read this book, I would suggest you pick it up and dive into this dystopian society.   You will not regret it.
Oh by the way this makes Book 1 in my 50 book challenge. 
1 down 49 more to go!!