Fifty shmifty!!




I've been seeing many book reviewers on YouTube talking about completing a challenge by the end of the year. Some are deciding to read 50 books, some are trying for more.  I think I will try and read 50 books by the end of the year. How did this sudden urge to put myself through hell come about you may ask? Well, here is how it all began.

I was doing my usual afternoon search on YouTube and heard many of the BookTubers talking about the challenge, and so I went onto Goodreads and looked up the challenge, and yes it was true. There was a challenge. Never one to pass up a good one I decided to take the plunge and sign up for it. The little voice in my head kept on screaming for me to stop but I didn't listen. I just avoided it and kept on with and here I am. How far I will get I don't know but be sure that I will do what needs to be done. I've already finished one book. Well, since I finished it before I started this book challenge does it count? I mean, I did start to read it in the beginning of the year and I recently finished it, but it was before the challenge. 

Normally, (when I say normally I mean if I didn't have this job that I have) I would say that reading that many books is nothing and I don't have a problem doing that, but at this point in my life I would say that reading 50 books by December is definitely going to be a challenge.

I usually read for leisure or when its convenient for me, but  seeing how I have a challenge placed in front of me I think its going to be all out war with sleep and other activities just to try to accomplish this task.  Now here comes the real and I mean real problem WHAT THE HELL DO I READ? There are so many more books that I want to read where do I even begin and there are so many in cart on Amazon that I am overwhelmed.

My bookshelf is stocked with books that I have gotten over the years that need to be read and I haven't made any attempts. Should this be the ideal time to do so, or should I just say to hell with it and get the books that are in my cart on amazon and read those?  For advice I ask the bf and he tells me that I should read the books on my shelf because there was a time when I did want to read them, so why not! I should have known that asking him would lead to this response, but did I trust myself.. NO! So, I guess I will be reading the books on my shelf after all.

Now what if I don't accomplish this task will I fell less accomplished? Nah, I won't feel the least bit sorry for the fact that I didn't get to my goal, but I will feel bad if I didn't make any attempts.





Ok, here goes nothing.

50 books to read by December. I can do this. I know I can do this. I'm not a punk, I'm not a loser. I can claim this. I will claim this. I WILL READ 50 BOOKS BY DECEMBER, I WILL FINISH THIS CHALLENGE! So here goes nothing. 50 books!  0 down 50 to go!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH wish me luck!