What happened??



I just finished reading Insurgent, and I must admit that my anticipation or my enthusiasm  for this series has died. Don't get me wrong but I did enjoy the book, but I do believe that it was too long and there were scenes that were too drawn out for the way that it ended. I was expecting the second book to follow in the footsteps of the first, but add to it. I was hoping that with this installment of the trilogy we would be given the background information as to the reasons for the factions, and what happened before there was factions, and so many other questions but none of those questions were answered. I was left feeling like I just reread Twilight, but instead of the lead female characters name being Bella it was Beatrice (wait, I think I just figured it out... GO ME)




Ok, so back to my review of this book: We pick up where Divergent leaves off. Tris and those who were able to escape the Duantless headquarters are on the train. They are headed towards another faction in hopes of attaining help, and also warning them as to what is going on with the Erudite. They get there and find that things aren't what they were hoping for and after an attack they have to leave again! We spend the rest of the book seeing Tris do stupid things and Four (Tobias) so in love that he comes to her rescue.
Tris was definitely NOT this helpless in the first book, so why is she so helpless now? I just want to scream COME ON!  WOMANUP  



If that wasn't bad enough we have to read through Tris shutting down and freezing up when faced with obstacles because of the things she has been through during the Abnegation attacks. Now don't get me wrong, I understand that Tris is a daredevil, she enjoys putting herself out there and fighting and what not but does she really need to be helpless as well, and does she always have to be unarmed and crying? I believe if it wasn't for Tobias she wouldn't have made it through most of those simulations. The amount of times she just flakes or she freezes annoys me to the point where I want to shoot her myself to put her and me out of misery. Throughout the whole book, we constantly hear one thing DIVERGENT, DIVERGENT, DIVERGENT, it isn't until the middle or towards the end of the book that we finally get to know what being Divergent is, and what makes Tris so wanted. We also get to see Christina as well as the other people who were left behind.

As Tris and Four and the other Dauntless (non-traitors) make their way from one faction to another there is this plaguing question of what exactly it is that there is to hide, and why did Jeanine want to hide it? What was the reason for killing all those Abnegation leaders? I was thinking it was something really big, and juicy but when I got to the end of the book, I was just sitting there with a face that read. THIS IS IT? THIS IS THE BIG SECRET THAT PEOPLE WANT HIDDEN?

I was expecting so much more from this book. I was really hoping for some eye-opening revelation from the author but instead I was a little disappointed. I am not going to say that I am not going to read the final installment of the book. That's definitely NOT what I'm saying. I cannot wait till October for the final book. I really want to know what is going to happen. Lets just hope that the final book is better than this last one. I hope you're continuing to read along with me.

Here is to hoping that the final book is a good as the first