2013 in Review

First and Foremost Happy New Year!

I cannot believe that its already 2014. I remember when it was the year 2000 (I'm dating myself I know) but its already the beginning of a new year, which means RESOLUTIONS! NOOOTTT. Well I do have some READS-ALOUTIONS

Well, let me just say that my reading for the year of 2013 was just horrible. I didn't read as much as I wanted to. I had given myself a goal of reading 50 books by December and I failed MISERABLY at achieving that goal. I hit a major reading slump after reading Insurgent and some other ebooks and didn't pick up anything else until almost the end of the year, and by then I was so far behind that I just gave up. BUT, with the beginning of new year means the beginning of another challenge.

I plan on reading 50 books this year again, but this time I will make sure to stick to it to the end. NO more slumps, and if I find a book that I'm not that into I'll just look for something else. There are some books that I started at the end of 2013 that I haven't finished so I'm looking to finish them this year. Also, I have been buying books like crazy, so my TBR shelf is growing tremendously so I have to clear some of the books off because from what I hear, and also what I've seen on other blogs there are going to be some phenomenal reads in 2014.

Another FAIL of 2013 was my blogging. I had originally set up this blog to keep track of the books that I have read but to also tell readers about these books, and that did not happen. Seriously, I don't know what is wrong with me? I get started on something and then it just falls to the wayside. I really need to get it together, and that is the plan for 2014. I have some books that I am looking forward to reading. Some series that I am excited to pick up and some authors that I am looking forward to discovering. I just know that I will not slack and procrastinate as much as I did in 2013.

Currently I am reading The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling). I picked this up because my bookclub voted and it won the vote. I plan on finally finishing Allegiant after and whatever else is on my currently reading list on Goodreads.

I have been watching a whole lot of YouTube videos and some of the BookTubers have had some interesting reads. I have also been updating my Goodreads to reflect things that I want to read and things that I have read. I also tweet, not as much as I should but I do.

All in all 2014 is going to be a good year for me, I claim it, I acknowledge it, and I accept it.

Here is to 2014 and all that it will bring!