2014 Reads-aloutions

As I performed my daily ritual (watch booktubers on YouTube) I heard many of them talk about some of the resolutions they have in regards to reading. They actually called them their READS-aloutions.
It gave me the idea for today's post. I really try not to make any resolutions for the year, because like everyone else I don't ever follow through with it. But this is different. I am determined to get this resolution done this year.

To begin I have started keeping up with one of my umm resolutions, which is this blog. Hey it's a start! I am hoping to continue to post about once or twice a week. If I have time I will post more often. I haven't made a schedule yet, but I think I will get that done this coming weekend. As a bonafide procrastinator I find that making lists and setting alarms on my phone will help me to get things done in a timely manner. Anyway I will make a schedule about posting.

Here is what I'm thinking as far as my READS-aloutions for 2014!

1. Accomplish my goodreads goals of reading 50 books for 2014.
2. Finish up the series that I have bought and haven't started yet. (Mortal Instruments, Infernal Devices, Shatter Me, The Darkest Minds, etc)
3. Curb my spending. I have bought waaaaaaayyyy too many books since this year has started. Its only the 6th of January and I'm waiting on a 17 book delivery from Book Outlet, and a 3 book delivery from Amazaon, as well as the boxed set of a series from Amazon. This is after I had already had 4 books delivered today. Yeah I know, I have a problem!
4. Read more classics. I have so many classics on my kindle that I haven't read yet. Every year I say that I am going to read them, but I don't. Currently I have about 197bks on my Kindle and I believe I have only read about 30 of them if that much. Which brings me to my next READS-aloution

5. Read the books that I have purchased on my Kindle and my Ipad. I don't know how this happened but I have so many books that are unread on both of these devices that I believe that its going to take me another lifetime to get through them all.

That should be about it, I don't think I have anymore.

I am still reading Cuckoo's Calling. I haven't finished it yet, but mind you its supposed to be finished tomorrow for book club. I am so behind. I am about half way through the book and I don't think that I am going to be able to finish it tonight because I have a lot to finish before tomorrow. I'll definitely try and finish it and then get onto my other books.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.  One book at a time y'all. That's exactly how I'm taking it. One book at a time!

Ttyls