Bloodlines #4

I just finished reading "The Fiery Heart" by Richelle Mead and I must say that I am in a state of shock and turmoil and I just have all the feelings in the world.
No seriously, I just don't know how I am going to deal with the fact that I have to wait till July to know what happens to the people that I have fallen in love with in this series.

Let me first say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE me some Richelle Mead. I mean I just adore her writing and I cannot get enough. I remember when I got into Vampire Academy (which was right after twilight, and I was on a vampire high) and I couldn't put it down. After VA was over I just read other paranormal books, but I still had the longing for more of the characters in this series, which is why I was so glad that this series was written. Man oh man does this SERIES give me the feels. This is the 4th book in the Bloodlines series and I just... I mean I am just...


The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
Series: Bloodlines
Publisher: Razorbill
Date of Publication: November 2013

From Goodreads
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.

In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she made a decision that shocked even her. . . .

But the struggle isn't over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there's still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path as she harnesses her profound magical ability to undermine the way of life she was raised to defend. Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney struggles to keep her secret life under wraps as the threat of exposure — and re-education — looms larger than ever.

Pulses will race throughout this smoldering fourth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where no secret is safe



My feelings

I seriously just flew through this book because I loved it so much. I mean I could NOT put it down and I am so disappointed that I have to wait till JULY to read the next installment. I was trying to wait till about June to read this ( I had pre-ordered it and it was sitting on my bookshelf since then) because I didn't want to have to wait too long until I could read the next one. I was going through a sort of reading slump after I read  "Bittersweet" (review to come) and I wanted something that was going to hold my interest and by GOD this was definitely one of the best books I've read. 

I thoroughly enjoyed reading about these characters and I really really wanted to see what was happening between Adrian and Sydney. I mean things were made clear in the last book and I just had to know if they had either gotten better or worse with the new addition at their school (I'm trying not to spoil this series) As soon as I began reading I knew that this was definitely the book to help take me out of my reading slump. I really needed this book to pick me up and it did.

Love is... a flame in the dark. A breath of warmth on a winter's night. A star that guides you home. 

Sydney and Adrian or SYDRIAN as they are now referred to have become one of my favorite couples. I just love how they are together. Their willingness to love each other despite the whole "taboo thing" is just so sweet. I don't know how many times I teared reading this book. I mean its a total 180 from the beginning of the novel. Sydney has now come into herself, doing a complete 180 from when we first met her in the Vampire Academy series, and so has Adrian. They have both grown so much that its hard to remember who they were when we first met them. We also see some new faces, and some old ones from the beginning of this series.  I would tell you that you would need to read this series as soon as you can, especially if you loved the Vampire Academy series. This does not stop with the action and it just give you all the feels in the world.  I'm here looking at the book and I'm like...



Definitely a 5 out of 5. If you follow me on goodreads you would see all the times I posted while reading this book. Or if you follow me on Twitter you will see the updates from goodreads about how I feel about this series. I mean seriously, seriously SYDRIAN has become one of my favorite favorite couples!